Eureka County, Nevada Genealogy
Guide to Eureka County Nevada genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Eureka County, Nevada|
Location of Nevada in the U.S.
|Founded||March 1, 1873|
|Address|| 701 S Main Street |
PO Box 677
Eureka, NV 89316-0677
Eureka County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Biography
- 2.2 Cemeteries
- 2.3 Church Records
- 2.4 Court Records
- 2.5 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.6 Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
- 2.7 Genealogy
- 2.8 History
- 2.9 Land and Property
- 2.10 Maps
- 2.11 Migration
- 2.12 Military
- 2.13 Newspapers
- 2.14 Obituaries
- 2.15 Probate
- 2.16 Public Records
- 2.17 Repositories
- 2.18 Taxation
- 2.19 Vital Records
- 2.20 Websites
- 3 Places
- 4 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|* For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent County: created 1 March 1873 from Lander
- County Seat: Eureka 
- Neighboring Counties: Elko | Lander | Nye | White Pine
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Early migration routes to and from Eureka County, Nevada Genealogy for emigrant settlers included:
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- Central Pacific Railroad since 1869 from Ogden, Utah to Sacramento, California
- Central Overland Trail 1859-1869 from Salt Lake City, Utah to Carson City, Nevada through central Nevada on a route south of the Humboldt River]
Eureka County Courthouse
701 S Main Street PO Box 677
Eureka, NV 89316-0677
County Recorder has birth, marriage, death, burial and land records.
County Clerk has divorce, probate and court records from 1874. 
Family History Centers
- Eureka County Historical Society
31 S Main St. St 1
P. O. Box 283
Eureka, Nevada 89316
Phone: (775) 237-6006
Over 1,031 marriages from 22 Feb 1870 to 8 Feb 1936 are listed in the Western States Marriage Index.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 2 August 2011).
- Wikipedia contributors, "First Transcontinental Railroad" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Transcontinental_Railroad (accessed 2 August 2011).
- Wikipedia contributors, "Central Overland Route" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Overland_Route (accessed 4 August 2011).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Eureka County, Oregon page 442, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.