FamilySearch Indexing:UK, England and Wales—1871 Census
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:11, 4 February 2012 by PearsonGB
The 1871 UK, England and Wales Census will be divided into several projects, each with a small group of counties.
- 1871 Census—Household Form
- 1871 Census—Household Form—How it should be indexed
- 1871 Census—Vessel Form
- 1871 Census—Vessel Form—How it should be indexed
- 1871 Census—Institution Form
- 1871 Census—Institution Form—How it should be indexed
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- This project includes three types of census forms (household, vessel, and institution.)
- Each batch contains one image.
- Each image usually includes up to 25 records.
- We are working with Find My Past to enhance the 1871 UK Census index. We are using their current published information as the basis for half of our batches to be indexed. Therefore, you will download many batches that will have information already indexed.
- We will be adding the following fields to their index:
- Condition (Marital Status)
- Declaring the census schedule type (household schedule, institution, and vessel.)
- Please verify the previously indexed information as you index the other fields.
- Note to arbitrators: The information from Find My Past is in the Key A column.
Description of the Records
- The 1871 UK Census is handwritten on printed forms.
- The three schedules usually contain up to 25 records.