Would you like to search these records? They aren’t available to be searched yet, but they are being indexed by volunteers around the world right now. If you would like to help index them and make them available faster, keep reading.
The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
The following information is generally found in these records:
- Name of enlistee
- Age at time of enlistment
- Date of enlistment
- Enlistment place
- Physical description (eye color, hair color, complexion, and height)
- Rank, company, and regiment
- Date and cause of discharge
The Regular Army is comprised of career soldiers and is maintained through peacetime. Therefore, this database will not usually include individuals who enlisted as part of a reserve or during wartime for limited periods of time, or in a military unit raised by a state. Data in these registers was compiled from a variety of other military records, including enlistment papers, muster rolls, and unit records.
For more helpful historical information about this project, visit the Historical Records page.
- How to help with this specific project
- If you have not already done so, you must register for a FamilySearch or LDS account at indexing.familysearch.org.
- Download the free indexing program. To do so, click here, and then click the Download Now button.
- Sign in to the indexing application, click the Download From... button, and then select this project name from the list.