FamilySearch Indexing: US, Illinois, Chicago—Catholic Church Records, 1833–1910, Overview
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:18, 5 February 2012 by PearsonGB
- This project includes three types of records:
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and a variety of old handwriting styles.
- Since many of the forms are in Latin, it will be helpful if you are familiar with basic Latin terms.
- Although many of the images in this project are at the advanced level, many others are at the intermediate level.
Characteristics and Description
- This project includes church registers from many parishes in the Chicago diocese.
- The records were either handwritten or typed, and many were written on forms preprinted in Latin.
- Each batch generally has one to two images, with up to 50 records per image.
- Images may have either one or two pages
- No highlights are available for this project.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- Basic indexing instructions (for all projects)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progess
- When this project is published, the images may be viewed by registered users only.