From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:40, 7 November 2008 by JensenFA
Sysops are system Administrators
The Administrators help manage the development and content in the Wiki. Some tasks the Administrators (Sysops) keep busy with include:
- Write the Did You Know? article for the Main Page
- Moderate the Forums
- Monitor deletion requests See Deletion Requests for instructions on monitoring.
- Follow-up on deleting pages and images as needed.
- View deleted revisions of pages
- Undelete pages or images
- Block and unblock users, individual and ranges of IP addresses
- Protect and unprotect pages
- Edit the interface
- Dispute resolution. The "Neutrality Disputes" flag addresses the dispute resolution needs.
Reasons to Contact an Administrator
- Report a page that needs immediate deletion
- Submit a page that might need protecting or unprotecting
How to Contact Administrators
- Add a post to the Moderator Forum
- Add a Flag related to the problem with content in the Wiki
- Participate in the FamilySearch Wiki user group
- To e-mail us about a technical problem or bug on this site, click here.
- Or, see instructions for sending Feedback about the Wiki
Maintenance Flag Monitoring
Examples of all current: Maintenance Templates. Monitor each flag by clicking on the links below:
- Category:Deletion Requests - immediate action is needed
- Category:Outdated articles - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Neutrality disputes - two week requirement
- Category:Not English - move pages to language wiki if available
- Category:Copyright problems - one week requirement
- Category:Ambiguous page title - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Merge articles - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Articles needing citations - discussion needed before implementation