Welcome to the Wiki Contributors Meeting
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 85,093
articles in English
Purpose and Time
| Come forge solutions with other community contributors. We discuss content, best practices, community, and strategy. This is a conference call meeting every Thursday from 1:00-2:00 PM (mountain time). Community members are welcome to suggest topics for the agenda by adding to the weekly agenda discussion pages.
Click meeting agenda below for a meeting date. Please add what you would like to discuss and see what is planned. You can join the meeting from there.
Or join now:
- Click to Join the meeting
- Sign in as a guest.
- Enter your phone number. MeetingPlace will connect you by phone and computer. It's amazing and easy.
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 7770), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2011), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting.
Purpose of the meeting
- To forge solutions with other community contributors.
- To discuss content, community, best practices, current issues, and strategy.<br>
First half of meeting:
- Introduce new members
- Outstanding discussion items that need resolution (Forum issues, Policies/Manual of Style)
- What are you working on? Do you need people to come in and help?
- Ratings from Thumbs up/down
Second half of meeting: Rotation of topics
- Moderators and adopters: Learn from one another. What are you doing? Obstacles and getting the help to move beyond them. Collaborating.
- Training wanted: Add to the agenda early so experts and interested parties can be specifically invited
- Projects needing volunteers:
- Improve the Wiki: Resolve current issues and pending decisions
- Open: add your own agenda items
The Contributor's meeting was spurred by discussions from the Contributor's Corner Forum, including:
- Define the roles of moderators and adopters and the impact upon other contributors
- Discuss content isssues, such as the manual of style, creating informative links, and more.
- Share best practices, ideas, and suggestions
- Move from talk to decision and implementation
The Technical Meeting previously handled many of these issues. It has recently evolved into technical issues that may not interest all contributors.
| Stay informed by visiting and adding your comments to the Wiki Contributor's Corner forum. Discussions in the forum are not just talking to be talking. You will be a vital part of making community decisions that affect the FamilySearch Wiki and its users.
Instructions for Attending the Web Meeting
| The link to join the weekly meeting appears on both the agenda page and also this home page for the Community Meeting. (See above)
- Select the desired "Connect Me" option and enter the phone number for MeetingPlace reach you.
- Click the Connect button
You can also attend the meeting without using your computer.
- Dial into 801-240-2663 (Local/International) or 877-453-7266 (US Toll-free)
- Follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID
Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, please run the MeetingPlace Test to verify you can participate in a web meeting.