FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 11 October 2012
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:58, 11 October 2012 by Averyld (added content)
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
- Amanda Slack - (Mandy) Intern for User Guidance, working with Dorothy Horan
Kudos go to ...
- Support Missionaries - for handling recent problems with Wiki
Updates and follow up
- Status of Wiki - gridlines are still missing. The engineers are looking at the problems as a high priority item.
- Pages with gibberish (HTML code) have been found. Charles has volunteered to fix these. This issue has been reported and pages with the error will be reported as we find them.
New Agenda Items
- Adding a Digital Collection Topic to each state page Lsgc 18:54, 11 October 2012 (UTC)Put this on the Topic list on the state page?
- Might get better coverage in a special section, rather in the Topics
- Consensus of opinion is that it would be ok to add this to Topics
- On County pages, would it be better to have a link in the sections where there are digital records (such as births, probates, etc.)? This could create maintenance issues. Will the user find these from just the Digital Collections button?
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week