FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 17 Apr 2012
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- Laura Murphy DeGrazia, CG, and Karen Mauer Green, CG, editors of the New York Genealogical and Biographical Record would like to thank everyone who participated in the New York Wiki Project. Example page. Quote:
- "Thank you for letting us know that the FamilySearch Wiki offers this information to readers! We especially appreciate that you are providing links to the NYG&B website as well as letting people know the journal is in the Family History Library.
- "I have copied our president, McKelden Smith, on this reply, so he will be aware of the efforts of you and your team. The creativity and efficiency of the staff at FamilySearch never ceases to amaze me. Hope to see you at NGS!" Murphynw 18:49, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
Updates and follow up
Moderators and Adopters
Style Guide Discussions
- Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
- Changes to forums:
- Add a "Wiki Trainer" forum
- Trainer forum would cover FHC trainers, those from Family History Library who are promoting Wiki, etc. This forum would cover their questions and discussions.
- Make sure there's a good description of the Forum with the title.
- Trainers would be directed to the Forum in their training
- Should they also be encouraged to use the FHC forum, where there are different kinds of discussions.
- Close the Trainers Social Group
- Publicize through our new notification systems, Facebook and Twitter.
- what to do with the Changes and Suggestions forum?
- Should we have a "WikiProjects" forum?
- Beta needs to be removed from Forums. This is in progress, along with other changes.
- Do we need "FamilySearch Wiki" at the beginning all of the forum titles?
- There could be a problem with dropping Wiki from the titles, but FamilySearch could be dropped to shorten the title - New posts don't show with forum name.
- Janell will send an email to get changes made.
- Create the projects forum. Get some links added in there and report next week.!
-- janellv 19:25, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
- Feedback and Suggestions forum - remove and move threads
- Contributor Help forum - change name?
Change titles of Forums to clarify what goes in each one with more verbage for each one to give a better explanation for each one?
Add a projects forum with sub-forums for each one and have a list of projects in process
Expand Forums now that they're established. - Judy can make a list of projects and Jane can put them in the Forum.
Improve the Wiki
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week