FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 26 July 2012
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:37, 24 July 2012 by Klk3 (wordsmithing)
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
New Agenda Items
- We would like to publish a Wiki newsletter that would go to contributors, etc. We would love to get your ideas for subjects that could be included. Would the FHL like to contribute information on any of their projects? Would any of you like to write a short article that could be included. Also, do you think once a month is too often, or would every other month be a better schedule?averyld 20:28, 23 July 2012 (UTC)
- Discuss protect/unprotect (policy;https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Help:Protecting_and_unprotecting_pages)
specifically to amend the policy to require "that pages be proposed for protection or un-protection. This would prevent situations where one user arbitrarily blocks all other non-moderators from editing without the input of others." as suggested by lotje2, et al
https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?p=67529#post67529 Ken Knight 18:37, 24 July 2012 (UTC)
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week