FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting Agenda 04 January 2011
Join the meeting, the ID is 7770
1 p.m. Utah time on Tuesdays
(If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.)
Kudos goes to ...
Jane Colmenares who, as a Community member, gave much time, encouragement, and ideas in the beginnings of the talk digest concept.
1) A talk digest of the Wiki Contributors Corner forum is being tested. The purpose is first and foremost to bring your discussions and ideas to Community-based decisions and implementation.
- A summary of the posts to discussion threads will include a request for you to comment further during the next [week, month?], when a poll or vote will be taken.
- Decisions will be recorded and implemented on the Wiki likely in the Community Center.
- During the month of January, a thread will be devoted to your suggestions for refining this process.
- If this method is continued, volunteers will be needed to "shepherd" specific threads or topics through the digest - vote - implement process.
2) We have a secretary who will be taking minutes on the Discussion page for this meeting. Let's help her get the important points.
- Those points will also be posted to the appropriate threads in the Wiki Contributors Corner forum, so we won't have to go several places to get the conversations.
Notice the announcement about the "talk digest."
Main topic: Moderators and their roles
- Review of the page FamilySearch Wiki:Moderator
- What do we need training on?
- Does anything need changing?
- What forums threads are needed to affect those changes?
If time permits
- Review comments already in forum threads
From the Community
From FamilySearch Staff