FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Mexico pages
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:25, 30 March 2013 by Fritty
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages & Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- There currently no Stub pages for Mexico. As they become available the will be added here. Check back often to see if there are any pages to be done.
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality, review Category: Mexico stubs.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
- Look through the list of wanted pages
Maintaining Existing Pages
Specific Needs for Your Area
- 1. State, municipality, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
- 2. If you are interested in being a moderator for a state or municipality, please contact the Support Team
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.