FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Michigan pages
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:03, 4 April 2013 by Parrisl (Deleted county that has a new page and corrected sentence)
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages and Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- Adding Categories
- Repair Broken Links
- Add information to your county and/or city pages. [[Help:Editing_a_Page| Editing a page]
- Prepare county histories - county section of Michigan.
- Repositories - what's in Archive and Libraries of genealogical interest.
- Write about Migration Routes - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. and Canada.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Go to
- Click on the subject to which you want add information.
- Click on Edit Page
- Add information. For assistance editing the page go to Help:Editing a Page
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
- Extinct or Renamed Counties: Forest,orKeskkauko,
- Major Repositories: Archives of Michigan, Library of Michigan, or Detroit Public Library,
- Migration Routes: Lake Huron, Soo Locks, Detroit-Chicago Road, Detroit=Vincennes Road, Ft. Gratiot Road, Grand River Road, La_Plaissance_Bay_Road, Maumee-Jonesville Road, Monroe Road, Saginaw Road, Vincennes-Indianapolis-Detroit Road, or Erie-Kalamazoo Railroad
- Look through the list of wanted pages
Maintaining Existing Pages
Specific Needs for Your Area
- 1. State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
- 2. If you are interested in being a moderator for a state or country, please contact the Support Team
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.