FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Wisconsin pages
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:26, 3 July 2013 by Nmdesertrose
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages and Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- Adding Categories
- Repair Broken Links
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. and Canada.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Adams County, Wisconsin
- Bad Ax County, Wisconsin
- Dallas County, Wisconsin
- Gates County, Wisconsin
- Iowa County, Wisconsin
- Jackson County, Wisconsin
- La Pointe County, Wisconsin
- Marinette County, Wisconsin
- New County, Wisconsin
- Outagamie County, Wisconsin
- Pepin County, Wisconsin
- Rock County, Wisconsin
- Swedish American: Wisconsin Archives
- Wisconsin Swedish Biographies
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality, review Category: Wisconsin stubs.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
Maintaining Existing Pages
Specific Needs for Your Area
- State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
- If you are interested in being a moderator for a state or country, please contact the Support Team
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.
- Assistants to our moderator are needed to work with and support contributors to the Wisconsin pages. Would you like to help the moderator?