FamilySearch Wiki:Moderator Approval Procedures
The Moderator role
One of the responsibilities of the Wiki Support Team involves Role Management, which includes the role of Moderator.
Moderators for the wiki content will come and go. The moderator role assigned to the users will need to be changed accordingly. See FamilySearch Wiki:Moderator for documentation related to the moderator role. Pages in the wiki related the moderator role include:
Steps to be followed when a request is received from someone wishing to be a ModeratorThe following questions could be asked to help evaluate if they are capable to fill the role:
- User name
- Have they created a User page?
- What have they contributed to the Wiki?
- Do they use the FamilySearch Forums?
- What is their experience in genealogy research?
- What do they want to achieve by working on the Wiki?
- Have they ever been involved in genealogy-related projects with a group of people before?
If the person seems to be capable, forward the information to Lynda Avery, so that she can follow up and contact the patron. She will follow up with them, add them to the Moderator page and forward instructions and links to them.