FamilySearch Wiki:Technical Meeting Agenda 25 January 2011
Join the audio bridge, the ID is 7780
Add your recognition items below
- Kudos go to ...
News items can now be found on the Community News page in the Wiki.
From the Community
- Thumbs up/Thumbs down
Looks like it will be a great feature. When was that added? Is it positioned on the page so that people will see and use it? What information can be gleaned and how? Are there other newly implemented features that I haven't yet discovered? Was this communicated in some way that I missed? Lise 14:36, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
From FamilySearch Staff
- These items have been passed on to the wiki program manager Rick Ferrel
- Review the Wiki Community thread, a suggestion to change the Community navbar links on the side. janellv
- File Types - uploads are "allowed" for many file types, but some such as .doc and .xls give warning messages. Is this policy meant to be all-inclusive, and are those file types not supposed to be uploaded at all? janellv
- Speaking of uploading files, how hard is it to make changes to the "Upload file" page? There is a template many are using for images - Template:Information - and we'd like to know if it's possible to change the Upload File page to ask for what is on that template (including the syntax descriptions) janellv
- Dead Links from FHLC link update - ~700 of the 884 are just two different links, can we do a search/replace for those two? See examples:
- Looking closer, they're locality and subject types. This is a problem uncovered after last script run. Not resolved yet until we hear from Rick. This is very same type of problem described in 11 Jan 2011 agenda. Dsammy 05:51, 25 January 2011 (UTC)