FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Feedback
Call For Feedback!
We need your feedback! Our goal is to make wiki.familysearch.org a friendly, welcoming place that is easy for you to use and make contributions. Please leave your comments regarding the ease of use and/or contributing to the wiki. What is your experience? What challenges do you face in doing what you want to do? Where do you find help? This is the page for making comments on the problems.
To post comments for the answers you recommend, please go to What New Users and Contributors Want to Make Wiki Easier. Then, please add your "Vote" for what you feel is most urgent and important at Newbies Priorities. Experienced user/contributor feedback on early, new user experiences is also needed. This page is not placed on forums.familysearch.org to simplify access for newbies.
Please feel free to sign your comments or leave them annonymous. Kara aka CK Whipple 17:40, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
- To introduce a new person to this wiki, if you are familiar with computers, this is still a problem. It takes a long time to learn how to do this program. Originally it was a little easier with the portal pages. Now, as I introduce others to this program, they still have difficulty finding what they want. A specific research problem, or area both involved.
- The wiki is hard to use because it is hard to figure out the best way to search. Perhaps add a few tips on how to search.
- Don't like having to sign in again to link to the forum.
- The wiki is not easy to use and it is a complicated editing process with wikitext.
- The first screen (home page) needs to be more user friendly and inviting.
- We need contact with a person who knows it to help us learn.
- I would like to see more edit options on the tool bar and less working in wikitext. (techie person)
- The help feature on the home page needs to stand out. Currently it blends in with all of the other material on the Home Page
- I'll be honest, I feel like contributing to the wiki is boring. I have passion about genealogy but can't see how that translates to contributing to the wiki.
- The wiki is beige and boring.
- I liked how easy it is to edit what other contributors have done. But it is hard to make brand new contributions yourself.
- Wiki needs easily creatable formats for new pages.
- Wiki is bland - it needs to look more creative.