FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Ontario
The purpose of the Ontario Wiki Project is to help readers find and use Ontario resources and records for genealogy and family history. The project will update and improve:
- Task Difficulty Tasks are rated for difficulty. Within each phase task table look for 1, 2, or 3, with 1 being the least difficult and 3 being the most difficult.
- Highlight important and relevant items. Long lists of every website or every publication would bury, rather than highlight, what's important.
- Tell readers what to expect when they follow a link or search a suggested record.
- Balance content with these four factors in mind:
- a. Genealogical Value. Does this help Wiki users further their research?
- b. Clarity. Make sure everyone understands your meaning and the purpose of your words.
- c. Brevity. Be succinct as possible without sacrificing purpose or clarity.
- d. Documentation. Use footnote(s) to identify the source(s) of the content you are creating.
For each section containing information regarding resources and records, the following should be included:
- Links to online resources: indexes and/or images of records or how to use those records.
- Links to catalogs such as the Google books, WorldCat, Family History Library Catalogamong others.