FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Wiki Design Pages
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:56, 20 April 2012 by VasquezJL (new page)
- Get started in doing genealogy research - new genealogists - how to get started. Could include some about using the wiki as a beginner.
- Locating information about someone - success stories. Step by step how to get a good result on finding more information about an ancestor(s). Not for complete beginners - they at least have a name and a little info. (Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3)
- Learn how to use the wiki for research (for researchers with a little more experience) - more generic - explaining how the wiki works as a tool for research - use “what links here,” page navigation, features such as watching, topics, etc.
- Want more information about a specific locality/topic -
- Organize my genealogy information -
- Connect with others -
- Find ways you can help (things to do)
- Understand how the wiki is organized (for contributors with a little more experience)
- Add something you know to the wiki (getting started steps)
- Connect with others - Community Center?
- Find Contributor Help articles - Landing page already exists: https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Help:Contributor_Help
- Training others to use the wiki and/or contribute to it - This is the landing page for “Wiki Trainers” and others like them
- Things to Do -