Difference between revisions of "FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Project Connecticut Tasks - Church Intro"
(created page and added content)
Revision as of 18:30, 2 April 2013
WikiProject Connecticut Wiki Project Connecticut Tasks - Church Records Intro
The purpose of this task is to add the introduction to church records on Connecticut county pages.
This task is beginner task and requires basic experience with copying and pasting in wikitext.
New to the wiki?
Questions about editing this project?
You may wish to print these instructions before you begin editing.
- Go to the top right-hand corner of the page within the the white area.
- Locate the word Print or the icon of a printer. Click on the icon.
1. Check the County Assignment Charts below to choose a county to edit.
2. Sign up on the County Assignment Charts to accept the task. Sign-up instructions are posted with the Assignment Chart below.
3. For each county, you will add information to the county page by editing in [[wikitext. Read the general instructions then follow the wikitext link to continued task directions about using wikitext to edit this project.
- If you have questions about editing, go to wiki help links under the heading Description.
4. Mark the County Assignment Charts below to indicate you have finished the task.
1. Login to the FamilySearch using your FamilySearch login name and password.
2. Go to the Wiki. (ClickLearn, then click Research Wiki.)
3. In the search box, type wikiproject Connecticut .
4. Click FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Connecticut . (This will usually be the first item on the list.)
5. On the Contents list, click 4.4 Newspapers and Church Records Tasks.
6. In the table, click Add Church Records Introduction.
7. On the next page, click once in the URL address box.
8. Copy the URL.
9. Click on the + next to the tab you are on.
10. On the new tab, paste the URL in the URL address box.
11. On the Contents list, click the County Assignment Chart you will work on.
12. Click on your chosen county name in the chart. This will take you to your county page.
13. On the Contents list, click Church Records.
14. Open the Church Records heading for editing by clicking on the pen in square on the right-hand side of the page, opposite the heading title.
15. Click on the word Wikitext in the toolbox at the top left of the edit box.
16. Place your cursor immediately after the heading Church Records.
17. Click Enter to make a blank line.
18. Paste the following template:
19. If there is any other text under the heading, be sure to place the intro template above the rest.
Example of Completed Heading
Example of a Completed Section
Instructions for Filling Out the Assignment Charts
If you are accepting this task:
- 1. Sign in to the wiki at the upper right-hand corner of this page. Use your FamilySearch account username and password.
- 2. Open the Assignment Chart for editing by clicking on the check mark in the box at the right opposite the Assignment Table heading.
- 3. Place your cursor in the box under the heading Name/Date Task Accepted and opposite your county of choice.
- 4. Not all counties are included in the chart below. If your county is not listed, this task is not needed for your county.
- 5. Type 4 tildes (~). This symbol is located on the upper left-hand part of your keyboard, next to the number 1. The ~~~~ is an electronic signature and will leave your user name and date when you signed.
- 6. Scroll nearly to the bottom of the page. Add a summary sentence in the Summary box saying something like, "Selected Adams County for adding Family History Center".
- 7. Click on the box "Save Page".
- 8. You are now signed up to complete this task.
If you are completing this task:
- Follow the same instructions as accepting the task, except place your cursor in the correct county box under the heading Date Completed. Change your summary sentence to something like, "Completed Adams County for societies."
County Assignment Charts
|County||Name/Date Task Accepted||Date Completed|
|Anderson|| MarkhamMJ 23:17, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
|| MarkhamMJ 23:17, 1 April 2013 (UTC)|
|Andrews|| MarkhamMJ 23:17, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
|| MarkhamMJ 23:17, 1 April 2013 (UTC)|