FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Project New Hampshire
The purpose of the New Hampshire Wiki Project is to help readers find and use New Hampshire resources and records for genealogy and family history. The project will update and improve:
- New Hampshire main page
- New Hampshire county pages
- New Hampshire town pages
- Task Difficulty. Tasks are rated for difficulty. Within each phase task table look for 1, 2, or 3, with 1 being the least difficult and 3 being the most difficult.
- Highlight important and relevant items. Long lists of every website or every publication would bury, rather than highlight, what's important.
- Tell readers what to expect when they follow a link or search a suggested record.
- Balance content with these four factors in mind:
- a. Genealogical Value. Does this help Wiki users further their research?
- b. Clarity. Make sure everyone understands your meaning and the purpose of your words.
- c. Brevity. Be succinct as possible without sacrificing purpose or clarity.
- d. Documentation. Use footnote(s) to identify the source(s) of the content you are creating.
For each section containing information regarding resources and records, the following should be included:
- Links to online resources: indexes and/or images of records or how to use those records.
- Links to catalogs such as the Google books, WorldCat, Family History Library Catalogamong others.
Vital Records Tasks
The first group of tasks will focus on the following record type:
- Vital Records
Each record type above will include what records are available, time period the record covers and how they can be accessed including links to databases, images and references to books and microfilm and information to repositories.
New Hampshire Wiki Project Tasks
Before beginning any tasks please review the Project guidelines.
FIRST TIME WIKI USERS: For instructions on how to edit the wiki use the following:
The following are tasks to be accomplished for the New Hampshire Wiki Project. Each task has step-by-step instructions to accomplish it. SOME TASKS ARE NOT YET COMPLETED. WHEN TASKS ARE LINKED (typed in blue) THEY ARE READY FOR PARTICIPANTS TO WORK ON THEM.
- Task Difficulty Tasks are rated for difficulty. Within each phase task table look for 1, 2, or 3, with 1 being the least difficult and 3 being the most difficult.
Vital Records Tasks
Not all counties have records included in these tasks. Please add the tasks only to the counties listed. Tasks and the list of counties appear when you click on the blue link.
|Add Vital Records Introduction||1|
|Add Vital Records Subheadings||2|
| Add Ancestry Vital Records Part A. Wait to complete this task until Vital Records Intro and Subheadings tasks are complete for your chosen county.
| Add Ancestry Vital Records Part B. Wait to complete this task until Vital Records Intro and Subheadings tasks are complete for your chosen county.
| Add FamilySearch Vital Records. Wait to complete this task until Vital Records Intro and Subheadings tasks are complete for your chosen county.
|Add Vital Records Other Repositories template||3|