FamilySearch Wiki:Wiki Support/Administration
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:48, 18 November 2010 by JensenFA
Transparency in Development
- FamilySearch Wiki:Known Issues - be familiar with the issues listed on this page. Archive the items when needed. Support the issues by moving them through the process in JIRA and product engineering. Based upon the issue additional help content may be needed. When this happens, work with tier 2 to have existing Help articles updated or to get additional Help articles written.
Some Wikipedia pages that have helped with development include:
- Wiki text markup articles: Wikipedia: How to edit a page and specifically the Wiki Markup section of the article.
- Help Template
- Template Messages
- ToDo template and list
- Community portal
- Management and development
- Build an easy way for users to know was templates are available for use in writing and editing content.
- The FamilySearch Wiki:Maintenance Templates page was a beginning step to make templates more visible to the community. The page only lists some of the maintenance templates. The templates were created with the old wiki when we had more horizontal room for content. Now the templates are too big on a page. Some redesign is needed. You could work with User:Cottrells because he has helped create a lot of our templates.
- Templates need to be easy to use. We receive many comments about not wanting to know the techie stuff, but still wanting to use the features and functions of a template.
- See the Magicwords page in the wiki.
Policies and Guidelines
- Governance in the wiki was developed as 80% preventative and 20% repair and based upon the policies and guidelines. We see Tier 2 supporting all the preventative measures and Tier 3 supporting the repair measures. The "Delete" templates are an example of a repair measure for content.
- Delete requests
- Delete ASAP requests
- Delete Portal requests
- FamilySearch Wiki:Policies/Proposed enhancements