FamilySearch Wiki talk:Featured article criteria
yes this is awesome
Steve this is very healthy and excited. What do you think of this, I had put some of this on forums for the criteria?
- Trustworthy - Do you feel this page has sufficient citations and that those citations come from trustworthy sources?
- Objective - Do you feel that this page shows a fair representation of all perspectives on the issue?
- Complete - Do you feel that this page covers the essential topic areas that it should?
- Well-written - Do you feel that this page is well-organized and well-written?
- Should have at least one internal link and one external link
- Gives sources.
- An image in the article with captions
- Divided by headings.
- If the article is about where records are the external link could take us there if possible.
- Compliant with Style guide
- Give comprehensiveness of collection, such as transcribed or user submitted
- When applicable dates included
- If there is a cost, state that there is a cost.
- Why is the record worth searching?
Dawne 17:07, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Hi Dawne, I have moved your comments to this page as they are about the FA criteria. The thread I believe you mentioned is Featured Articles started on May 23. Please go ahead and make changes to this page as you see fit. --Steve 16:44, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
Criteria for How-To's and Help
I think we need to identify the criteria for the How-To and Help section of the Featured Articles. Some questions I can think of to help identify the criteria include: What is the purpose of featuring a Help article? What type of help should be featured as a Help article? What is the purpose of featuring How-To articles? What type of How-To articles should be included? There are many how-to articles related to "how-to" do family history. Why are these articles included in the "Help" section of featured articles? I think it goes back to the purpose. If we want to feature help articles that will highlight all the articles in the wiki that will help someone learn how to contribute to the wiki, then the "how-to" articles related to doing family history should not be included in this section. Anyway, identifiying the purpose and criteria for each section of the Featured Articles will clarify and bring focus to the type of articles that belong in each Featured section. If this documentation already exists, I couldn't find it. I look forward to other thoughts on this. --Fran 16:41, 30 November 2011 (UTC)