FamilySearch Wiki talk:Policies
Item 22 needs a link. Are the administrators writing this page for the link?
Jbparker 17:51, 2 October 2008 (UTC)
Never mind. I see the article referred to, and have just added the links.
Consolidate the two "Be Bold" policies
There are two policies that are essentially the same and include the "Be Bold" statement within the Policy. One is listed under the Personal Actions section, the second is found under Content and Style. This proposal suggests that there is no need to have this policy listed twice:
- Personal Actions: 5. Be bold in your desire to edit. Don’t wait for perfection to enter content. Community monitoring and involvement have been proven to improve content quality. Explain changes you make using the summary field when saving your edits.
- Content and Style: 24. Be bold. Be bold in contributing pages before the information is polished or perfect. Rely on the community to help perfect the content. Be bold in correcting spelling, grammar, or other edits. Jump in; it’s okay to be wrong. It is always good to provide an edit summary where you explain why changes were made.
- Please add your comments related to consolidating the two policies into one:
Should this policy remain listed under Personal Actions and be consolidated to read:
- Editing Policy. Be bold in your desire to edit. Don't wait for perfection to enter content, but be bold in contributing before the information is polished or perfect. Community monitoring and involvement have been proven to improve content quality. Therefore, rely on the community to help perfect the content. Be bold in correcting spelling, grammar, or other edits. Jump in! It's okay to be wrong. Adding an edit summary to explain the changes you made to the content is always a good practice to follow.
- Please and suggestions for improvements to the proposed consolidated text: