FamilySearch Wiki talk:WikiProject Utah Experimental County
Please make comments about anything and everything:
- Color, content, ideas, suggestions.
- What works for beginners, for experts?
- What should be added, left out?
Please enter your comments under sections below. Be sure to sign by entering 4 tildes ~~~~. Thank you.AdkinsWH 18:51, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
Wilma, the construction in the Sandbox is WONDERFUL, so colorful, and such immediate feed back. I would stay on the Utah Project just because it is immediate success. Fabulious construction. Thank you for all of your hard work!!! Wyzer17 15:34, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
Way to experiment! I love looking at new ways to do things. Two comments: 1)I think the page is really long and when it has more data in it it will get even longer. Is there a way to break it up into a series of pages rather than one really long page? Just a thought. 2) I would love to see some step-by-step guidance for finding births, marriage, death, etc.loosledc 19:29, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
Table at top
- What about the yellow as the middle color. To me yellow says "light bulb" with works with "ideas". Also wondering about a tan or something for the third color. Don't know what the meanings of colors are. Love the green as the first color. Like you said, Joy, green means "go." AdkinsWH 21:13, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Interesting experiment. I like the idea of the table. You may want to share the idea of the table with an instructional designer and see what they might add. Not sure what the colors mean. The census years listed are a bit misleading. It gives the impression for those who are less familiar with census records that there is a census for every year from 1856-present. Is there another way to do this such as "Beginning 1856" or "Earliest 1856"? loosledc 19:25, 18 January 2012 (UTC)
- Wilma and others who visit this page. I have changed the colord on the first table, but feel they are not as inviting as more vibrant colors. Would love you input. Thank you! joy 20:51, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, Joy. I'll take a lookAdkinsWH 21:09, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Wilma ... I fixed your spacing at the top of the TOC box where it is level with your Infobox Jane evancol 21:19, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Long lists of items:
- link to a separate page
- Short list with a More link
- Color, icons
- What about using a light bulb and the color yellow on the pages for suggestions, not just words.AdkinsWH 18:53, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- Use Bullets for each item listed under a topic or heading.
- Exception: blurb that explains more about the heading should be on the margin
- Use SHORT paragraphs. Computer screen space is limited, people bypass paragraphs longer than 1 or 2 lines
Find and use records section
(Was located above Resources on the table of contents)
- Move this below resources. The term "Find records" should work for beginners and not interfere with experts. (Comments from meeting17 Jan, 2012)
Implemented on the Experimental page:
- Moved the section down. Moved what was under "repositories" to this section. Created a separate section called "Guides to using records".AdkinsWH 19:24, 17 January 2012 (UTC)
- See the Forum thread Lists of LDS Wards on Utah Pages