Fayette County, Iowa Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:59, 16 August 2011 by Sandralpond (add links to FHC's)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Fayette County Courthouse
114 North Vine Street
P.O. Box 226
West Union, IA 52175
1872 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Waterloo newspapers that may have included Fayette County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- "Fayette County, Iowa," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).