Fayette County, Ohio Genealogy
|Franklin County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Fayette County Courthouse|
110 East Court Street
Washington, Ohio 43160
Fayette County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Highland and Ross Counties 19 February 1810.
- County Seat: Washington Court House
- Neighboring Counties: Fayette County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Licking (north) · Hocking (south) · Franklin and Pickaway (west) · Perry (east)
See an interactive map of Fayette County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Click for the Fayette County Government Information Center.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
War of 1812
Gettys, Rober Clay, Fayette County Militia on the Ohio Frontier : War of 1812 (Belfast Northern Ireland, Gettys, 1985) pages 12 FHL Book 977.A1
Naturalization and Citizenship
Fayette County Courthouse
110 E Court Street
Washington Court House, OH 43160-1355
Clerk Court has divorce records from 1853
and court records from 1828; Probate Judge
has probate records; County recorder has
Family History Centers
Fayette County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 342, Washington Court House, Ohio 43160. Publishes quarterly newsletter.
Fayette County Historical Society, 517 Columbus Avenue, Washington Court House, Ohio 43160.
- Fayette County Births 1909-1999 Fayette County Health Department records, searchable index. Results list includes child's name, gender, year of birth, name of father and maiden name of mother.
- Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch.org from the Ohio Department of Health via the Ohio Historical Society. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- Fayette County Archive 1867-1908 Death Index Compiled by staff of the Carnegie Public Library, this index provides Book # and Page number information searchable by name.
- St. Colman Church Death Records Patron-donated index of of the St. Colman Church. Searchable index. Search results include the name, address (city and state), date of death and burial, name of cemetery, name of minister.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Fayette County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayette_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- "Fayette County, Ohio," Wikipedia.