Field Broughton St Peter, Lancashire Genealogy
Broughton, Field St Peter was created a chapelry, created in 1748 from the Prish of Cartmel, Lancashire.
Broughton is a civil parish in the Borough of Allerdale since 1974 in Cumbria, consisting of Great Broughton and Little Broughton. It is located on the River Derwent, about 6 miles (9.7 km) east of Workington. Historically referred to as Field Broughton to distinguish it from Broughton in Furness, Lancashire
"BROUGHTON (East), or Broughton-Field,a township-chapelry in Cartmel parish, Lancashire; 4 miles N of Cartmel." 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Lancashire Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource for research in Lancashire Parishes http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/
Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lancashire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above..
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales(1870-72)