Fiji Civil Registration- Vital Records
Civil Registration started in Fiji in 1874 with the registration of marriages, followed in 1875 by deaths and in 1876 by births. The Indian population had some separate registers. Adoption records are available in our collection from 1945-1991. We have these records available in our collection. To access the film numbers you will need to do a place search in the Family History Library Catalog. The following steps will help you find records for a specific locality in the Family History Library Catalog.
- Go towww.familysearch.org
- Click the Library tab.
- Click Family History Library Catalog.
- Click Place Search.
- Type the locality. "Fiji"
- Click Search.
- Click the locality that most closely matches the one you want.
- Click a topic, such as Church records.
- Click a title to see more details. The record may be in a book or on a film.
- Click View Film Notes to see the film numbers.
Tip: Once you have clicked a specific locality, you can click View Related Places to find localities related to the place you typed in step 5.
You can also send for copies of certificates from the Registration Office which is located at:
- Registrar General
Office of the Registrar General
Office of the Attorney General
Crown Law Office
Telephone: (011) 679-211-598