| Florence-Lauderdale Public Library
E-mail:Contact Us at Florence-Lauderdale Public Library (accessed 29 August 2012). <a href="http://www.flpl.org/contact-us">Contact Us</a> (Florence-Lauderdale Public Library).
- 350 N Wood Ave.
- Florence, AL 35630-4709
Telephone: Reference Department 256-764-6564 ext. 30
Hours and holidays: Monday-Thursday 10-7, Friday-Saturday 10-5, Sunday 1-5.
Directions,Map and Driving Directions at Florence-Lauderdale Public Library (accessed 29 August 2012). and map:
Internet sites and databases:
- <a href="http://www.flpl.org/">Florence-Lauderdale Public Library</a> departments, events, services, links, e-books, and donations.
- <a href="http://catalog.flpl.org/polaris/">FLPL Catalog online</a> search by anywhere, subject, title, author, fiction, or nonfiction.
- <a href="http://www.flpl.org/departments/local-history">FLPL Local History and Genealogy webpage</a> describes or links to books, files, films, research links, digital archives, HeritageQuest, Ancestry, Lauderdale county records, and newspapers.
Books, films, photographs, manuscripts, recordings, database subscriptions to Ancestry Plus, and HeritageQuest, records of several New England, Southern, and Midwestern states, emphasizing Lauderdale and northwest Alabama, as well as the surrounding counties of northeast Mississippi and southern-middle Tennessee, county and local histories of Lauderdale, Colbert, and Franklin counties, Probate Court records 1820–1927 of Lauderdale County, local newspapers 1824-present, and cemetery surveys.FLPL Local History and Genealogy at Florence-Lauderdale Public Library (accessed 29 August 2012).
The parking lot is located on the back side of the library facing Walnut Street.
If you cannot visit or find a source at the Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, a similar source may be available at one of the following.
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Alabama Department of Archives and History">Alabama Department of Archives and History</a>, Montgomery, local government files, newspapers, maps, church records, Civil War soldiers, photos, publications, historical quarterly, 1867 voter database, World War I Goldstar database, vertical files, personal history surname file, and AL city directories inventory.
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="National Archives Southeast Region (Atlanta)">National Archives Southeast Region (Atlanta)</a> federal censuses, Ancestry.com, military, pensions, bounty-land, photos, passengers arrival indexes, naturalizations, Native Americans, African Americans, workshops.
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Family History Library">Family History Library</a>, Salt Lake City, 450 computers, 3,400 databases, 3.1 million microforms, 4,500 periodicals, 310,000 books of worldwide family and local histories, civil, church, immigration, ethnic, military, Mormon records.
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Dallas Public Central Library">Dallas Public Central Library</a> 111,700 volumes, 64,500 microfilms, 89,000 microfiche, and over 700 maps, marriage, probate, deed, and tax abstracts in book form, or microfilm of originals for some states, and online databases.
- <a href="http://algensoc.org/">Alabama Genealogical Society</a>/<a _fcknotitle="true" href="Samford University Library">Samford University Library</a> Special Collections, Birmingham, Baptist and Alabama history, church records, current and old newspapers, manuscripts, books, and theses.
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Birmingham Public Library">Birmingham Public Library</a> government records, business records, maps, photos, letters, diaries, scrapbooks, about the Jefferson County area, newspapers, maps, and Southern history.
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Mobile Public Library">Mobile Public Library</a> Index to Confederate Pension Records for AL and MS, Confederate soldiers, Mobile County Probate Court Index 1819-1964, Dawes Commission Indian Rolls.
- <a href="http://adph.org/vitalrecords/Default.asp?id=1558">Bureau of Vital Statistics</a>, Montgomery, birth and death certificates 1908-present, marriage certificates 1936-present, divorce records 1950-present.
- <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Auburn University Libraries">Auburn University Libraries</a>, Auburn, AL, federal depository library, genealogy websites, censuses, printed sources, manuscripts.
- <a href="http://www.archives.state.al.us/aha/ahaleadership.html">Alabama Historical Association</a> news and events, Alabama Review, historical markers program, podcasts, and list of Alabama genealogical and historical societies. See also <a href="http://library.uwa.edu/AlabamaRoom/genealogy.html">U. of W. Alabama Library</a>.
- <a href="http://home.hiwaay.net/~mahan/tvhs.htm">Tennessee Valley Historical Society</a> publication, and links for northwest Alabama.
- <a href="http://www.tvgs.org/">Tennessee Valley Genealogical Society</a> calendar, publications, annual seminars, and list of First Families of Tennessee Valley for the counties of Madison, Marshall, and Jackson, Alabama.
- <a href="http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~alntgs/">Natchez Trace Genealogical Society</a> links, projects, publications, and cemetery transcripts for northwest Alabama.