Florida African Americans
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:29, 6 April 2012 by MarkhamMJ (added societies)
United States Florida African Americans Online Resource
- Lowcountry Africana(@LCAfricana) is dedicated to documenting the family and cultural heritage of African Americans in the historic rice-growing areas of South Carolina, Georgia and extreme northeastern Florida.
- Florida African American Heritage
- Access Genealogy: Florida African American Genealogy
- Genealogy Center, African American Gateway: Florida, has links to societies, transcriptions of manuscripts, and a good bibliography of Florida books concerning African Americans.
- Brown, Canter, Jr. Florida's Black Public Officials, 1867-1924, (Tuscaloosa, Alabama : University of Alabama Press, c1998). FHL book 975.9 D34b
- Florida Memory, The Black Experience: A Guide to African American Resources in the State Library and Archives of Florida (accessed 6 April 2012).
- McGriff, Delbra D. The Black Experience: a Guide to Afro-American Resources in the Florida State Archives, (Tallahassee, Florida: Florida Department of State Division of Library and Information Services, 1991). FHL book 975.9 A1 no. 122 Revised 2002 digitized version.
- Documents Relating to the Military and Naval Service of Blacks Awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor from the Civil War to the Spanish-American War, (Washington [District of Columbia] : The National Archives, 1973), on 4 microfilm reels FHL films 1601548-1601551.
- Freedman's Savings and Trust Company (Tallahassee, Florida), Registers of Signatures of Depositors, 1866-1872, (Washington [District of Columbia] : National Archives. Central Plains Region, 1969). FHL film 928575 item 4.
- Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society, Central Florida Chapter
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU), The Black Archives Research Center. The majority of the archival holdings are records about the history of Africans and African Americans, especially their institutions and organizations, with an impressive holding of manuscripts, rare books, journals, magazines, maps, newspapers, and photographs.