From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:55, 16 October 2009 by Shara-dee (added last sentence)
- The University of Florida in Gainesville has the largest collection of Florida maps. The Florida State University also has a sizable map collection.
- The Family History Library has a small collection of maps dating from the colonial era and other maps made by the General Land Office and by the U.S. Geological Survey.
- United States Census Bureau State and County Map. This map will allow you to zoom in on any state or county in the United States and read the names of all of the neighboring counties.
- Printable maps are also available from the National Atlas of the United States: http://nationalatlas.gov/printable.html
5. Before 1875 maps to after 1900 maps are available online and free. You can zoom in on any map to read the details.