Floyd County, Iowa Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libaries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Floyd County Courthouse
101 S. Main St.
Charles City, IA 50616-2756
1851--Floyd County was created 15 January 1851 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Fayette and Chickasaw Counties prior to organization 4 September 1854. County seat: Charles City 
June 7, 1874 and 1881 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- Iowa USGS Topographic
Choose Airport, Bridge, Building, Cemetery, Church, Civil, Hospital, Lake, Locale, Park, Populated Place, Post Office, School, Stream, Summit, Trail
- Charles City Press, Floyd County (1930-1931)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a large collection of digitized Iowa newspapers online. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Societies and Libaries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).