Fluvanna County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies
Has anyone studied my Fluvanna County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than 25 family history books and articles have been published about Fluvanna County's families.
- Main article: Fluvanna County, Virginia
Fluvanna County, Virginia Genealogy General Resources
Fluvanna County, Virginia Surnames (courtesy: Linkpendium) contains links to more than 20 online resources about this county's families, including compiled genealogies.
Fluvanna County, Virginia Genealogy Books and Articles
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Alford] James, Jessamine Bland. Family Records of Andrew Hunter of Louisa County, Virginia, and Jacob Alford of Garrard County, Kentucky, and Charles Alford of Garrard Co., Ky.: Copied from Court Records, Bibles, and Tombstones. MSS., donated in 1958, FHL Collection
- [Allen] Obert, Isabelle Board, Donald Dougherty, and Penelope Woodford. The Allen Family of Albemarle and Fluvanna. Baltimore, Maryland: Margaret Isabelle Board Obert, 1999. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Book 929.273 AL53o.
- [Ashley] See Johnson.
- [Bain] Bain, Ethel M. The Bain Family: Ancestors and Descendants of Peter Bain of Tennessee, 1775-1980. San Angelo, Texas: E.M. Bain, 1980. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Fiche 6117098.
- [Bain] Bain, Ethel M. The Bain Family, 1775-1980: Revised and Updated 1981-1998. Grand Junction, Colo.: E.B. Kennamer, 1998. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Collection
- [Baskett] Martin, John Robert. Valentine Martin of Cumberland County, Virginia Also a Short Sketch of the Family of Rev. William Baskett of Fluvanna County, Virginia. Typescript. FHL Book 929.273 M363v.
- [Baskett] Ward, Rebecca Ann Eastman. The Baskett Family: Including the Families of Christie, Ford, Martin and Shepherd. Spokane, Wash.: R. Ward, 1992. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free; FHL Film 1750735 Item 7
- [Beckner] Sanchez, Margaret Tuttle. Documented American Lineage of Viola Culver Tuttle. Provo, Utah: M.S. Tuttle, 1988. FHL Collection
- [Bernard] Macy, E.E. Data Assembled on the Bernard Family for Archibald F. Bennett, Having Particular Reference to that Branch Located in Fluvanna Co., Va. MSS., 1944, FHL Film 6018101.
- [Bernard] Bernard, William Dallas and Pauline K. Skinner. The John Bernard and Mary Abney Genealogy, Fluvanna County, Virginia. Lascassas, Tennessee: W.D. Bernard, 1975. FHL Book 929.273 B456bw.
- [Bugg] Brochu, Francis Louis. The Buggs of Big Albemarle County, Virginia: In Three Parts. 3 vols. Salem, Virginia: F.L. Brochu, 1995. FHL Collection
- [Cheatham] Dennstedt, Alberta Marjorie. "The Cheatham Family of Colonial Virginia," in The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 27, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1983):163-173; Vol. 27, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1983):273-279; Vol. 28, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1984):38-43; Vol. 28, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1984):102-112; Vol. 28, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1984):209-216; Vol. 28, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1984):293-297; Vol. 29, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1985):32-40; Vol. 29, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1985):123-127; Vol. 29, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1985):179-185; Vol. 29, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1985):262-265; Vol. 30, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1986):17-23; Vol. 30, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1986):99-104. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 27 (1983)-v. 30 (1986).
- [Claxton] Norris, George W. and Claxton Family Historical Committee. Henry Claxton and Descendants, 1790-1980. Warner Robins, Georgia: Claxton Family Historical Committee, 1982. FHL Collection
- [Claxton] Claxton, Brazle Hubert, James T. Martin, George W. Norris, and Claxton Family Historical Committee. Henry Claxton and Descendants, 1980-1990. Utica, Kentucky: McDowell Publications, 1992. FHL Collection
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795592 Item 6 Includes Fluvanna County.
- [Harlow] King, Martha Eheart. Harlow - Harlowe: Descendants of Henry Martin and Mary Elizabeth (Hawley) Harlow. Manassas, Va.: M.E. King, 1980. FHL Book 929.273 H227k.
- [Henley] Small, Deborah Ann Kraemer. Osborn--Randolph--Henley--Bland Family Group Sheets. MSS., FHL Collection
- [Johnson] Greenlee, Martha Sansom. Some Indiana and Kentucky Descendants of Dilmus Johnson, Virginia Soldier of the Revolution: Including Allied Lines Ashley, Pace, Bowden, Gray, Bradley, Porter and Descendants of Margaret E. Johnson, Wife of Benjamin Darby Sansom. MSS., FHL Collection; another copy FHL Collection
- [Lowry] Koetting, Jerome D. and Patricia G. Lowery Koetting. Descendants of James Lowry of Caldwell County, Kentucky. Rio Rancho, New Mexico: J.D. & P.G.L. Koetting, 1996. FHL Collection
- [Mayo] Harter, Mrs. Bert. "James Mayo (1711-1776) of Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 7, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1963):51-64. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 7 (1963).
- [Mayo] Mayo, Charles Edward. Joseph Mayo, 2nd Lt., Fluvanna, Va., Patriot: A Genealogy and Family History, 1620 to 2001. Prichard, West Virginia: C.E. Mayo, 2001. FHL Book 929.273 M454mc.
- [Moore] Moore, Charles R. The Moore Family of Central Virginia: Covering the Counties of Albeharle, Amherst, Bedford, Buckingham, Campbell, Fluvanna, Louisa, Nelson, and Orange, Virginia. Charlottesville, Virginia: C.R. Moore, 1985. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 6921
- [Osborne] See Henley.
- [Page] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. Page Family Records in Virginia Counties. 2 vols. Carmichael, Calif.: D.C. Rutherford, 1982-2006. FHL Book 929.273 P141rdc v. 2 [Fluvanna County appears in Vol. 2 Part 2]
- [Page] Rutherford, Dolores Crumrine. The Page Family in Virginia Personal Property Taxes (1782-1850). 2 vols. Carmichael, Calif.: D.C. Rutherford, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 P141rd v. 1-2 [Fluvanna County appears in Vol. 1]
- [Perkins] Perkins, William Robertson. Papers 1929-1943. Section 2. MSS. Available at Virginia Historical Society.
- [Smithson] Kennedy, Marvin S. John Smithson Pedigree. MSS., FHL Collection
- [Snead] Hatcher, William E. The Sneads of Fluvanna. Fork Union, Va.: Sneads of Fluvanna, 1959. FHL Book 929.273 Sn21h 1959; digital version at Ancestry ($).
- [Strange] Alloway, Harold Jay. The Alloway History of a Strange Family. Derby, Kansas: H.J. Alloway, 1994. FHL Collection
- [Toney] Taylor, George Earl. A Brief Visit with the Old Folks. La Grange, Illinois: Taylor, 1975. FHL Collection
- [Westbrooks] Goodwin, Sarah Jones, Rutherford County Historical Society (Murfreesboro, Tn.), Estelle Jones Potts, and Leoma Smotherman Smotherman. Westbrooks-Williams and Related Smothermans of Rutherford County, Tennessee: With Histories of Midland Community, Oak Grove School, Old Leb Church. Murfreesboro, Tenn.: Rutherford County Historical Society, 1984. FHL Collection
- [Williamson] Harter, Mrs. Bert. "The Williamson Family," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 7, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1963):163-166. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 7 (1963).
- [Winks] Dozier, Rebecca Leach. The Winks' Family of England and Fluvanna County, Va., 1700-1990. Augusta, Georgia: R.L. Dozier, [1991?]. FHL Book 929.273 W729d
- [Wood] Bayne, Margaret Williams. The Wood Family of Fluvanna County, Virginia, 1795-1969. Norfolk, Va.: M.W. Bayne, 1984. FHL Book 929.273 W85bm.