Franklin County, Maine Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
140 Main Street
Farmington, Maine 04938
Places / Localities
Avon Valley Road Cemetery
Take the Avon Valley Road, off Route 4, in Avon. Go to the old school house. Cemetery is about 1/2 mile beyond the schoolhouse on the left. Can be seen from the road.
Day Mountain Cemetery
Located on Day Mountain Road near Avon/Temple Line
In Terrible Condition No Roads in to it.
Must Hike About 2 1/2 Miles
Knott Burial Plot
On the left North of the Townhouse 1.4 miles South of Phillips Townline
Maine Newspaper Archive. Indexes free; Digital page images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Tip: early Maine newspapers routinely reported on news, obituaries, births, marriages etc. from around the state. Be sure to search the indexes for all Maine newspapers to find your target ancestor.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Franklin County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Franklin County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Franklin County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Franklin County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].