Fredericksburg Virginia Family History Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 20 Boscobel Road, Fredericksburg, Virginia (in southern Stafford County)
- This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers
are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- Map to Fredericksburg Virginia Family History Center
- Entrance to Family History Center is at the back of the building across from the satellite dish. Please ring the doorbell.
Phone: 540 361-7494 (Call during Family History Center hours)
- Tue: 10 am - 2 pm; 6 pm - 8:30 pm
- Wed: 10 am - 8:30 pm
- Thu: 10 am - 2 pm
- Fri: 10 am - 3 pm
- Sat 10 am - 3 pm
- Closed July 4
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last two weeks of December
- May be closed when Spotsylvania or Stafford County schools are closed due to inclement weather. Please call to determine this.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Fredericksburg Virginia Family History Center has a collection of microfilm and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Six computers for patron use
- One microfilm / microfiche scanner / copier
- One flatbed scanner
- Four microfilm readers
- One microfiche reader
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Adding details to a FHC page article.