Fusa, Hordaland, Norway Genealogy
Microfilm of parish registers available at the Family History Library for Fusa clerical district contains parish registers for Fusa, Hålandsdal and Strandvik parishes with Sundvor chapel. They were separated from Os clerical district in 1855. For earlier records see Os clerical district. Records available from 1669-1967.
Images of digitized parish registers available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
For earlier records see Os
For early census records before 1865 see Os
- 1865 Census Fusa clerical district included Strandvik and Hålandsdal parishes. Microfilm images are available at the Family History Library Film 123071 Item 1 and as a database online at Digitalarkivet 1865-telling for 1241 Fuse.
- 1875 Census Fusa clerical district included Strandvik and Hålandsdal parishes. Microfilm images are available at the Family History Library Films 273486-273487.
- 1900 Census Fusa clerical district included Strandvik and Hålandsdal parishes. Microfilm images are available at the Family History Library Films 274278-274279 and as a database online at Digitalarkivet 1900-telling for 1241 Fuse.
- 1910 Census The 1910 census search at Digitalarkivet
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center.
Skaathun, O.B.,Soga for Fusa : Hålandsdal og Strandvik, Bergen : A.S. Centraltrykkeriet, 1961-1967. A genealogy of the people and their farms and a history of Fusa clerical district which includes Hålandsdal and Strandvik in Hordaland county. FHL 948.32/F3 D2sFarm name indexes to volumes 2-4 are found in the following links. File:948.32-F3 D2s V2 - Fusa Soga.pdf, File:948.32-F3 D2s V3 - FUSA Soga.pdf, File:948.32-F3 D2s V4 - Fusa-Halandsdal-strandvik.pdf
Note: Vol 2 pertains to Fusa parish, Vol 3 pertains to Hålandsdal parish, Vol 4 pertains to Strandvik parish.
|The farm name indexes referenced above include many more names than the list below.|
The farm number and name of the farms listed in Oluf Rygh Farm Name Index in about 1900 were as follows:
15 Aadland søndre 1 Aspeviken 24 Austestad 28 Bakke 25 Berge midtre 7 Boge nedre 1 Bogstranden 16 Dale 22 Eikeland nedre 36 For 6 Gangstø indre 10 Gangstø ytre 9 Gaukstad 35 Gjerde 30 Gjerevik nedre 33 Haaland vestre 18 Hafskaar 37 Haga søndre 19 Helland 13 Holmefjord nordre 2 Hope 21 Koldal 3 Kolleid 27 Kvaale 39 Lilleli 20 Lundervik 17 Matland 34 Opsal 31 Præstegaarden 10 Røsvold 12 Samnøen indre 40 Skjørsand 38 Storli 4 Tveiten søndre 5 Vafet 26 Vandvik 32 Øfstestue
1668-1848: Records are found in Sunnhordaland judicial district.
1848-1895: Records are found in Midhordaland judicial district which was created from Nordhordaland.
1800-1852: Some of the farms in this parish belonged to the Rosendal Estate or Lysekloster Estate. If the probate is not found in the district above look at Hardanger og Voss where the probates for Rosendal and Lysekloster were kept.
1690-1877: Clerical probate records are found in Sunnhordaland Deanery.