Gamlebyen, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
Microfilm at the Family History Library contain parish registers from Oslo city Hospital parish (Gamlebyen). It was its own parish 1663-1801 then united with Oslo prison (Tugthus) parish 1801-1823 and with Aker (Østre og Vestre) parish 1823-1861. Included Gamle (Old) Aker and Grønland parishes until 1861. For the years 1862-1868 see Grønland parish.
Images of the church books are available online at Digitalarkivet.
A royal Resolution May 29, 1880 made Oslo annex an independent parish. The borders for the parish followed Schweigårds gate to Harald Hårdrådes plass, then a straight line south to the Lo river, along the Lo river to the city limits. It did not get the name of Gamlebyen until 1924.