Garden County, Nebraska Genealogy
Garden County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Garden County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||November 2, 1909|
|Address|| Garden County Courthouse|
611 Main Street, P.O. Box 486
Oshkosh, Nebraska 69154
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Garden County Courthouse
611 Main St.
P.O. Box 486
Oshkosh, NE 69154
County Clerk has marriage and land records.
County Judge has probate and court records
Clerk District Court has divorce records. 
For tips on accessing Garden County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
- Family Maps of Garden County, Nebraska Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Early migration routes to and from Garden County, Nebraska Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Garden County, Nebraska page 430, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map II" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap2.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).