Garrett County, Maryland Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
203 South Fourth Street, Room 207
Oakland, Maryland, 21550.
- Named for John Work Garrett (1820-1884), president of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad.
- Last county created in the state, 4 November 1872, from west part of Allegany County.
- FamilyHart's Garrett County, Maryland This site contains many cemetery and obituary records for Garrett County.
Federal Census reports available 1880-1930.
Maryland State Archives' Guide to Maryland Religious Institutions identifies all churches known to have existed in Garrett County, Maryland. It covers all denominations and includes record descriptions.
- FamilyHart's Garrett County, Maryland This site contains many land records online for Garrett County.
- FamilyHart's Garrett County, Maryland This site contains many marriage records online for Garrett County.
Societies and Libraries
- FamilyHart's Garrett County, Maryland This site contains online map, cemetery, marriage, military, land, historical, and biographical records for Garrett County, Maryland.
- The Garrett County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Garrett County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Garrett County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Garrett County
- FamilyHart Online Database This online database contains over 630,000 linked family names. It grows by 1,000 names per week, and is updated online quarterly. There are many many Garrett County family in this database.