Gaston County, North Carolina Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 14:21, 10 September 2011 by Taneya
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Gaston County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
|Founded||December 21, 1846|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1874--Courthouse fire destroyed many court records.
Early migration routes to and from Gaston County for European settlers included:
- Sacred Heart College - founded in 1892 by the order of the Roman Catholic Sisters of Mercy. Closed in 1987.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Gaston County, NCGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the Early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.