Geary County, Kansas Genealogy
|Geary County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|County Seat||Junction City|
|Address|| Geary County Courthouse|
139 E. 8th Street
Junction City, Kansas 66441
Geary County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Geary County Courthouse
8th & Franklin;
Junction City, KS 66441
Formerly Davis County. Name changed to Geary 28 Feb 1889.
Probate Court has marriage and probate from 1860.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1860.
County Court has court records from 1937.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1858. 
1855--Geary County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Junction City 
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Geary County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Geary County, Kansas page 250, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).