From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:04, 31 August 2010 by MarkhamMJ (added Cyndi's List)
The following are ways to find local genealogical societies and some of their resources that can help you and that you can contribute to.
- Do a search on this web site for a specific location and Societies. e.g (Utah Societies)
- There is a Federation of Genealogical Societies that has over 500 societies as members. Go to Federation of Genealogical Societies to identify them and to search for specific locations under “Federation Member Societies” or Society Hall.
- Try a Google search with the words “Genealogical Society + [area] (e.g. Portland Oregon)” or Historical Society + [area]. This will usually identify local specific resources.
- The United States Societies page has helpful information about genealogical societies.
- Cyndi's List has links to many societies of interest to genealogists.