Georgetown is located at 42°28′40″N 111°21′57″W / 42.47778°N 111.36583°W / 42.47778; -111.36583 (42.477690, -111.365813).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.7 square miles (1.7 km²), all of it land.
City of Georgetown
Georgetown, ID 83239
Some records of this cemetery at the Idaho State Archives in Boise; Transcription of 723 gravestones available through Find-a-Grave.com website; transcription available at Eastern Idaho Death Index site for Bear Lake County; photo of 1 gravestone available at idahogravestones.org; transcriptions available in book form and on microfilm at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City up-to-date records available at Bear Lake Idaho Family History Center in Montpelier, Idaho.
Churches and Church Records
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
There are two wards in Georgetown.
Many of the original records of church units are in the Church History Library in Salt Lake City. Many of the membership records covering these units from the date of their creation to about 1948 have been microfilmed and are available at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City or at its Family History Centers.
Five families began homesteading and farming in Georgetown. First public building served as a school, church, and a recreation center. Georgetown was named after George Q. Cannon. Original name given to the area was Twin creeks after two creeks which ran through the area down to the Bear River. Georgetown is located in Bear Lake county in the southeast corner of Idaho. Learn more at http://georgetown.id.gov/about
Societies, Libraries and Museums