Georgia For Further Reading
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:53, 11 September 2010 by DiltsGD
The following handbooks give more detailed information about research and records of Georgia:
- Adams, Marilyn. Georgia Local and Family History Sources in Print. Clarkston, Ga.: Heritage Research, 1982. (FHL 975.8 D23a.) WorldCat entry.
- Davis, Robert Scott, Jr. Research in Georgia. Easley, S.C.: Southern Historical Press, 1981. (FHL 975.8 D27d.) WorldCat entry.
- Dorsey, James E., comp., Georgia Genealogy and Local History: A Bibliography. Spartanburg, S.C.: The Reprint Co., 1983. (FHL 975.8 D23d.) WorldCat entry.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 2004. (FHL 973 D27rb 2004.) WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Schweitzer, George K. Georgia Genealogical Research. Knoxville: G. Schweitzer, 1987. (FHL 975.8 D27s.) WorldCat entry.