The Georgia Road, also called the Federal Road, was a federal toll road opened in 1805 from Savannah, Georgia across Cherokee Indian lands to Knoxville, Tennessee. After improvements in 1819 it was renamed the Federal Road.
Settlers and Records
For partial list of settlers who used the Georgia Road, see .
- Wikipedia contributors, "Federal Road (Cherokee lands)," Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Road_(Cherokee_lands) (accessed 31 July 2010).