Germany, Saxony, Bautzen, Citizen Rolls (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Germany, Saxony, Bautzen, Citizen Rolls, 1496-1923 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Related Websites
- 6 Related Wiki Articles
- 7 Contributions to This Article
- 8 Citing Family Search Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Records
Deutschland, Sachsen, Bautzen, Rollt der Bürger, 1496-1923
This collection will include records from 1496 to 1923.
The collection consists of citizen rolls, resident lists, and registers of home owners for Bautzen, Saxony, Germany.
For a list of record categories and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Records collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher, and archive for the original records.
- "Germany, Saxony, Bautzen, Citizen Rolls, 1496-1923." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Stadtarchiv Bautzen.
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
These records may contain the following information:
- Full name
- Address or residence
- Birth date
- Birth place
How to Use the Record
To search the collection, select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page ⇒ Select the “Quellengattung, Zeitraum, und Bandnummer” which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Next to parish registers, citizen rolls provide some of the best family information. To begin your search you need to know at least the name of your ancestor and some identifying information such as birthdate. If you know only the age, you can approximate the birthdate. Use the birthdate and place, to locate your ancestor in church records.
The records are in written in German Gothic script. For help reading the records see the wiki articles:
Tips to Keep in Mind
When using these records keep in mind:
- The information may be incorrect.
- The ages listed may not be correct.
- A given name may not be the same as the name used in vital records.
- Names may be spelled as they sound.
- Place-names may be misspelled.
- Some parts of the record may be illegible.
- If the family is not at the expected location, you should search the surrounding area.
Related Wiki Articles
- Germany Census Records
- Sachsen (Saxony )--Konigreich (Kingdom)
- Wendish Genealogy
- Germany Church Records
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing Family Search Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
|This citation example isn't from this collection. You can help by replacing this example with a citation for a record found in this collection.|
- “El Salvador Civil Registration,” database and digital images, FamilySearch (: 21 March 2011), Jose Maria Antonio del Carmen, 1880; from La Libertad, San Juan Opico, Nacimientos 1879-1893, image 50; Ministerio Archivo Civil de la Alcaldia Municipal, San Salvador.