Godfrey County, Kansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:44, 26 December 2012 by Sandralpond
- 30 August 1855 Godfrey was created an original Kansas county.
- 3 June 1861 the former Godfrey County name was changed to the Seward (old) County.
- 26 February 1867 the former old Seward County name was changed to Howard County.
- 11 Mar 1875 Howard County was split into Elk and Chautauqua counties. 
For information about residents of Godfrey County, Kansas 1855-1861 try searching records of:
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 250 Godfrey, 251 Howard, 256 Seward (old) County, Kansas. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- "Godfrey County, Kansas (defunct)" in Kansas Counties in Kansas Historical Society at http://www.kshs.org/geog/geog_counties/view/county:GR (accessed 26 June 2012).