Godley cum Newton Green, Cheshire Genealogy
GODLEY, is a township and a chapelry in Mottram parish, Cheshire. The township lies on the verge of the county, at a junction of railways, it is adjacent to Hyde, 3 miles SSE of Ashton-under-Lyne; and has a station at the railway junction. The chapelry bears the name of Godley-cum-Newton-Green; and was constituted in 1847. Post town is, Newton-Moor, under Manchester.
Godley cum Newton Green is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Cheshire, created in 1847 from Mottram in Longendale Ancient Parish and Newton in Mottram Ecclesiastical Parish.
Godley cum Newton Green parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials have been indexed by the following groups:
|FS PR's =FamilySearch Parish Registers|
|FS BT's = FamilySearch Bishops Transcripts|
|Godley cum Newton Green Parish Online Records|
|FS PR's|| 1847-1909
|FS BT'S||1847-1867|| NONE
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241239.
Poor Law Union
Maps and Gazetteers
- Wilson, John Marius, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) adapted 5 March 2013