Grant County, Kansas Genealogy
Grant County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Grant County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1873|
|Address|| Grant County Courthouse|
108 S. Glenn Street
Ulysses, Kansas 67880-2551
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Grant County Courthouse
108 S Glenn
Ulysses, KS 67880-2551
Probate Judge has marriage records.
Clerk Disrict Court divorce, probate, and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records.
City Clerk has cemetery records; local census taken every year. 
1873--Grant County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Ulysses 
- Grant County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Grant County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Grant County, Kansas page 251, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).