Grant County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Grant County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 8, 1873|
- 1 Quick Facts
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
17 June 1878: Government functions began after months of inactivity, after a petition to the Governor asking for the organization. Seat was at Inkpa City.
1881: County seat was moved to Milbank after November 1881 election, the case was appealed to court. Milbank won over 2 other towns.
1905, 1915, 1925
Unique information may include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation and Military Service
- 1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
- 1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
- 1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
Church History and Records
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Grant County Library
207 East Park Ave
- Grant County History Society
Third Avenue and Third Street
PO Box 201
Milbank, SD 57252
Email Contact on site
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).